Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rock Climbing


To be a better at it is my new goal. I have just recently started learning how to rock climb and I love it. I don't think I will ever have to lift weights again. Instead I will go climb a wall. The first time I went I was so sore all over. Amber kicked my trash and climbed the wall at Lombardi like it was nothing, but then again I guess she does have 15 years of experience on me. On Monday the 17th I went over to Amber's house to go climbing again, because ironically enough they have a rock climbing wall. The only downside to the wall it was outside and a bit chilly. Amber was hardcore she climbed the wall to put the anchor rope up. A couple other people came over to try the wall. I felt that I had improved so much more, maybe it was the shoes or the fact that I used my legs instead of my arms this time. The Gonda's wall was fun, it even had real rocks as holds. My favorite were the skull shaped ones, they reminded me of the Goonies. I tried to climb in Amber's Ugg boots while she was getting ready to climb and well yeah it didn't go to well. Then we decided to race up to the line. Yeah I didn't last too long without shoes. I was even brave to try "bouldering" this time. I will just have to try out the wall at Lombardi again to see if I have improved at all. Maybe this summer I can even go climb a real rock.

No comments: