Thursday, June 5, 2008

Scrum. Ruck. Tackle.


These are just a few new terms I have learned lately. Recently I have started playing on the UNR women's rugby team, and it is a bit more intense then anything I have ever done. Trial by error is one of the best ways to learn this sport and sometimes those errors hurt a lot.

This month we have a tournament in Las Vegas, hopefully I don't get pummeled too bad. This should be an interesting experience seeing as it the first sport I have ever played that required a mouth guard. It's a very attractive feature I must add. With practices like the one we had yesterday I have no doubt in my mind that I will be in shape by the end of this summer.

I just hope I don't pick up on some of the crude habits, I mean my dry sense of humor is bad enough as it is. But you can tell how awesome we are just by our team name, the "Dirty Hookers". I guess what happens in Vegas really does stay in Vegas well at least I hope this team name does. Hopefully next time the pictures will actually be of my victorious team.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

alecia. I need your cell number. I called it the other day and I got Kyla for some reason.... please call me asap. If you don't have my number then e-mail me!!!!!